We are currently looking for a new Investment & Portfolio Manager.
The International Development Fund for Economy and Culture (IDFEC) is a global startup incubator and accelerator. IDFEC is specialized in turning promising research projects from top universities and research institutes into startups that are brought into the countries of our investors. IDFEC investors are mostly public government funds as well as large organizations and institutions for and with whom IDFEC establishes the “innovation hubs” of the future. IDFEC helps startups to build a founding team and bring their discoveries into the markets by supporting early-stage funding, providing accelerator programs, and office spaces or discounts from corporate partners.
The Chief Investment & Portfolio Manager is responsible for screening, analyzing and executing new venture investments. This position requires the management of financial and scientific due diligence, portfolio management, and presentations. The Chief Investment & Portfolio Manager will also be involved in monitoring, supporting, and evaluating the performance of existing investments.
- Source new venture investments including meeting with founders and researchers, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects
- Conduct detailed industry, business, and financial due diligence on prospective investments
- Prepare in-depth financial and data analysis for potential investments, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research
- Develop financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Prepare thorough investment memorandum and presentations
- Develop investment themes within venture investment sector
- Maintain knowledge of existing investments, monitor, and support their economic performance
- Work closely with our partners and network in the realms of scientific research, politics, and business
- Several years of venture capital or early-stage private equity experience with a solid track record
- Operating experience at a startup or industry-related company, preferably in a general management, product management or business development role
- Ideally, an MBA from an elite business school
- Superior financial modelling, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to perform at a high level with strong leadership qualities for the entire organization
- Strong, active ties to start-up and VC communities
- Affinity towards innovation and help IDFEC grow in the long-term
Details such as your expectations from IDFEC will be negotiated on an individual basis.