We are looking for a full-time Public Relations Manager to help us with key media relations initiatives, who will work to execute our overall public relations network and media strategy, which are based on targeting global players in scientific research, politics, culture, and economy.
The International Development Fund for Economy and Culture (IDFEC) is a global startup incubator and accelerator. IDFEC is specialized in turning promising research projects from top universities and research institutes into startups that are brought into the countries of our investors. IDFEC investors are mostly public government funds as well as large organizations and institutions for and with whom IDFEC establishes the “innovation hubs” of the future. IDFEC helps startups to build a founding team and bring their discoveries into the markets by supporting early-stage funding, providing accelerator programs, and office spaces or discounts from corporate partners.
The Public Relations Manager will support the strategic planning, development, and coordination of all media and public relations activities to broaden and deliver media coverage, enhancing awareness of our fund. Our key target audience are state funds and political decision-makers, as well as academic and research institutions, and businesses. The Public Relations Manager will also help in managing some general marketing tasks, while our marketing strategy is focused on creating public attention through media coverage and by broadening our network
- Developing and maintaining relationships with global media channels
- Creating publicity strategies and campaigns, as well as analyzing the media coverage
- Conducting research and supporting the creation of content, sourcing supporting materials, coordinating interviews, review published contents, organizing and attending events
- Building and maintaining effective, strong, and collaborative relationships classic and online media outlets, business clients, resources, marketing personnel, ambassadors, members of senior staff, as well as external clients, in order to develop, plan, and execute the media strategy
- Proactively identifying promotion opportunities, employing a conceptual and creative thinking to develop a strategic approach in support of business strategies, while executing on strategic communication targets to build e.g. legal and government relations
- Setting direction for, organizing, coordinating, and ensuring quality control of written materials from internal and external sources including press releases, PR plans, fact sheets, pitches, bylined articles and reports
- Assisting with the design and creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Degree in PR, management, business, marketing or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive, business-related experience years, including a minimum of 10 years PR/related communications experience and investor or political relations experience. Previous management experience
- Solid media and international communications portfolio
- Social media knowledge/proficiency, with regards to working in media advocacy groups, networking and marketing as well as managing SEO
- Strong knowledge about world politics ability to conduct research Superior communication and business writing skills, projecting a high level of business acumen, and able to interact with very senior members of Leadership including the CEO and CFO
- Campaign orientation with experience in supporting business objectives through communications that drive awareness and impact
- Exceptional technical skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as IR databases
- Fluency in spoken and written English (required), more languages a big plus
Details such as your expectations from IDFEC will be negotiated on an individual basis.